A positive affirmation is a statement that increases your hope and inner strength. Reading and saying positive affirmations can improve your attitude and actions. Many counselors believe that negative thoughts cause negative feelings. By planting positive thoughts in our minds, we will feel happier, insha’Allah.
Since Ramadan is the month honoring the Quran, here are some Quranic verses with corresponding positive affirmations. I encourage you to state these affirmations to yourself whenever you need an emotional boost.
1.VERSE: “It is You we worship and You we ask for help” (1:5).
2. VERSE: “Keep up the prayer and pay the prescribed charity. Whatever good you store up for yourselves, you will find it with God. He sees everything you do” (2:110).
WHY: This will motivate you to do more good deeds for His sake.
3. VERSE: “…God is Most Compassionate and Most Merciful towards people” (2:143)
4. VERSE: “So remember Me; I will remember you…” (2:152)
WHY: This will inspire you to always be in a state of remembrance of Allah.
5. VERSE: “Those who say, when afflicted with a calamity, ‘We belong to Allah and to Him we shall return” (2:156)
AFFIRMATION: Whenever I face a problem, I say, “I belong to Allah and to Him I will return.”
6. VERSE: “Prophet, if My servants ask you about Me, I am near. I respond to those who call Me, so let them respond to Me, and believe in Me, so that they may be guided” (2:186).
7. VERSE: “God is the ally of those who believe: He brings them out of the depths of darkness and into the light…” (2:257)
WHY: This will increase your trust in Allah’s help.
8. VERSE: “Say, ‘God, Holder of all control, You give control to whoever You will and remove it from whoever You will; You elevate whoever You will and humble whoever You will. All that is good lies in Your hand: You have power over everything” (3:26).
AFFIRMATION: Allah is in control; He has power over everything.
9. VERSE: “…It is God Who is your Protector; He is the Best of Helpers” (3:150).
AFFIRMATION: Allah is my Protector and He is the Best of Helpers.
10. VERSE: “If God helps you, no one can overcome you; if He forsakes you, who else can help you? Believers should put their trust in God” (3: 160).
AFFIRMATION: I put my trust in Allah.
11. VERSE: “You are sure to be tested through your possessions and persons. You are sure to hear much that is hurtful from those who were given the Scripture before you and from those who associate others with God. If you are steadfast and mindful of God, that is the best course (3:186).”
12. VERSE: “…He wishes to turn towards you in mercy…” (4:26).
13. VERSE: “…He does not wrong anyone by as much as the weight of a speck of dust. He doubles any good deed and gives a tremendous reward of His own” (4:40).
AFFIRMATION: Allah is Good, Fair, and Generous.
14. VERSE: “Yet anyone who does evil or wrongs his own soul and then asks God for forgiveness will find Him most forgiving and merciful” (4:110).
15. VERSE: “Why should God make you suffer torment if you are thankful and believe in Him? God always rewards gratitude and He knows everything” (4:147).
16. VERSE: “You who believe, be mindful of God, seek ways to come closer to Him and strive for His cause, so that you may prosper” (5:35).
17. VERSE: “You who believe, you are responsible for your own souls; if anyone else goes astray it will not harm you so long as you follow the guidance; you will all return to God, and He will make you realize what you have done” (5:105).
AFFIRMATION: I am responsible for my actions.
WHY: Taking responsibility for your actions makes you feel empowered and inner-directed.
18. VERSE: “God will say, ‘This is a Day when the truthful will benefit from their truthfulness. They will have gardens graced with flowing streams, there to remain forever. God is pleased with them and they with Him: that is the Supreme Triumph” (5:119).
WHY: Being truthful brings you peace of mind.
This Ramadan I encourage you to discover more positive affirmations from the glorious Quran. The Prophet said, “Indeed, having good thoughts concerning Allah is from the perfection of the worship of Allah.” (Recorded in Tirmidthi, https://sunnah.com/tirmidhi/48/240)
Can you please share more positive affirmation from the Quran with us, in the comments section below. 🙂